Kenward House is owned by the Kenward Trust who have used it for rehabilitation for alcoholics and drug dependants since the 1940s. Probably built by Sir John Shaw, 1752 and retaining many distinct and ornate features. The previous accommodation provided single rooms with communal bathrooms which were no longer acceptable for modern standards.
Extensive alterations were carried out to upgrade all areas and to provide all the bedrooms with en-suite facilities. The grand dining and lounge areas on the ground floor were converted into a conference facility.
As this is a Grade II building the restraints on internal alterations were considerable and extensive discussion took place with the council before planning consent was granted.